Joy+ is founded on the principle of empowering others with personal development. We know that you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy very seriously. By visiting the Joy+ website, registering with Joy+, or using any Joy+ services, you are accepting and agree to comply with this policy.
Information Collected by Joy+
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our Site. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our Joy+ users:
Information You Provide To Us
1) We receive and store any information you enter on our website and/or app or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
2) Registration: In order for you to use Joy+ services you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require certain personal information. Our lawful basis for collecting personal information from you is to provide our services and to communicate with you with your consent when you register with us. Our collection of personal information from you is limited to information that we require in order to provide our services to you.
3) Mentor Account: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information, such as your first and last names, email address, social media account links, and a bio. In addition, you may choose to include a photo of yourself in your profile. As indicated below, in the section titled “Sharing Your Information”, you can control how your information is displayed and used.
4) You have the right to edit, update, access, or transfer your personal information, or to delete your personal information if you are terminating your registration with Joy+.
1) We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Joy+ and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser and apps including your IP address, Joy+ cookie information, and the page you requested. Joy+ uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends, and administer the website. This does not involve collecting any of your personal information.
2) In addition to the “traffic data”, Joy+ and its authorized agents may collect information about the device you’re using to access Joy+, its operating system, unique device identifier, device settings such as language, and crash data. Which data is specifically collected depends on the type of device and/or system running on that device. This data is again used to help us diagnose problems with the site and/or mobile apps and analyze trends. This does not involve collecting any of your personal information.
3) Joy+ may collect and use information regarding the geographic location of your devices. If the location data contains your personal information, then Joy+ will treat this location data in accordance with this Policy.
4) Joy+ may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
5) Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Joy+ will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
Email and push notifications: Joy+ is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the “Sharing Your Information” section below. Joy+ may send out emails with Joy+ related news, products, offers, surveys, or promotions. You may also receive emails and/or push notifications from Joy+, which inform you of actions (e.g. “new posts”) that have been performed on the site. We send these notifications to you based on receiving your consent. If you do not want to receive email from us, please visit the “Email notifications” section of your User Profile and/or follow the “unsubscribe” instructions contained in each email message. To unsubscribe from push notifications, please visit the “Push notifications” section of your User Profile on the app. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system emails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us unless you terminate your registration.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Joy+ cookies do not collect personal information.
Sharing Your Information
Because Joy+ enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use Joy+ is an integral part of the Joy+ experience. Rest assured that we will not rent or sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below:
Joy+ Personnel: Joy+ personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of Joy+ business.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Joy+, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other Joy+ users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on Joy+ where we allow you to tell other Joy+ users about yourself. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Settings section of your User Profile.
Syndication: Joy+ allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the Joy+ website.
Service Providers: Joy+ may share user information as well as information from tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, and location data, with third-parties that help Joy+ provide services to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary for Joy+ to provide our services. Joy+ requires Services Providers to protect your data in a manner consistent with this Policy and to limit the use of such information to the performance of services for Joy+. Joy+ may also remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with Service Providers, including combining your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you.
Data Storage: Your encrypted personal information is stored on servers provided by a third-party cloud-based service provider that protects and stores your data in a manner that is consistent with this Policy.
With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Keeping Information and Our Website Secure
Your Joy+ account information is protected by an encrypted password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add, or delete personal information on our website.
If you do not wish to receive email from us, please visit the Settings of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted email message.
However, please note that you will continue to receive all system emails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us unless you terminate your registration with Joy+.
As explained earlier, the “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
Conditions of Use
8 The Esplanade
Toronto, Ontario M5E 0A6